Friday, April 15, 2011

An Ode to Chili's

Okay, so... not really an "ode," but I've come to learn something quite swell about Chili's: it is a great first... whatever place for two people casually looking to get to know each other better.

I was out with a female acquaintance last night, and we met at Chili's. Not a date (though after last night, I wouldn't be opposed to one in the future... but that's for another time), just two friends looking to chat and get to know each other better. But Chili's is a fantastic place to for a very low-pressure, comfortable environment in which to get to know someone better that you might not know very well. And now I'm going to list the reasons why.

1) It's very casual. No pressure to look your absolute best. The environment is generally friendly. All sorts of people go there, so it doesn't feel like you're really being heavily judged by others in the restaurant. It's just a great place to go to keep things casual and fun.

2)  There's something for everyone. I like Chili's a lot because it's just a good old-fashioned mixture of American foods, so pretty much anyone can find something that they like there. I love Asian cuisine personally, but being "adventurous" is best saved for a second date.With Chili's, I know that 99 percent of the time, I won't be sitting there enjoying myself while the other person is cringing because they were just doing their best to "order safe," yet still not really enjoying the meal.

3) It's inexpensive. Now, I'm certainly not hurting for funds. My job is pretty lucrative, and I could take a woman to a "higher class," so to speak, restaurant, but for those who are little less fortunate, yet still want to be the one to pay for the meal, you can feel pretty safe knowing that the average cost for a two-person meal is around $30. And quite enjoyable food, too.

4) You can't argue that Margarita Madness month is fantastic. Enjoy great conversation over margaritas? What's not to love? Not to mention having a drink or two in the system makes you both a bit looser and more relaxed, easing any potential tension out of most situations.

So overall, I'm not saying that Chili's is absolutely perfect. After all, to each his/her own. But I think it's a great place for a first date, or first outing, whatever you choose to call it, between two people. Get to know each other in a casual environment over good food and great drinks, enjoy each others' company, and then you can think about being more exotic or adventurous on the second date/outing/etc.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment